Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year 2011....

HI Everyone and a Happy New Year to you all!!! 2011 will be a great year, yes I promise you! Musicwise you have a wide selection of unsigned Rock and Metal bands to choose from for your new favorites. It seems that today's radio stations have decided to walk away from the rock scene and replace their revenues supporting Pop Rock and Mild Rock or "Safety Rock" as I call. They play it safe for their fans in hopes that their parents will buy the records and be duped into buying another Pop Rock Album with the tease of one heavier rock sound song.

Well let me tell you as one ROCK parent to another, " I DON"T BUY IT!!". If my kid wants to hear Rock, Metal or Punk; darnit, he will get it!! None of this song tease of one heavier rock song and then we buy the album and it is all pop rock and mild stuff. He is then disappointed and then I am too since I shelled out the money for another CD with only 1 song that he likes on it!

Well Thank Goodness for XM and Sirius!! They will play music even if the bands are unsigned or not on major labels. They just care about MUSIC and what the audience wants. They have a variety of channels set to satisfy anyone's music desires! Mine happens to be Octane and the Hair Nation channel. My hubby loves the 80s channel. So this year, let's celebrate the NON Radio stations!!! Hats off to enjoying what we want to hear, when we want to hear it and at the touch of a button!!

This year, you will be learning about so many new bands from me. I have a stack of a dozen or two CDs to review so bring on the new year and the New MUSIC!!!!

Get your Fix here... Music Junkie Press!!

~ Rock it and Rock it good,
Marisol

No comments:

Post a Comment