Wednesday, January 25, 2012

David Rosales brings Hope and Love to feed your Soul with Smile.


SMILE by David Rosales.


Music that brings Hope and Love to feed your soul and make you Smile. That is how I can describe the romantic and beautiful debut record, “Smile” by David Rosales. David brings together a well crafted arrangement of songs that highlights love, loss and life after.

“Key to My Heart” is the first song I got to hear from the record and if ever there was a song where the vocals could touch your soul and bring the emotion of love to life, it is that of "Key to My Heart”. David’s vocals are like a safe haven for a warm heart and Olivia May’s vocals are the sweet touch of innocence wrapped in your arms.

David expresses himself eloquently through his deep vocals and his storytelling as heard in ‘Wedding Day” or “All that you Love”. In "Wedding Day" , we are given a glimpse into the special day with his captivating lyrics such as “pedal covered soft parade”. The romance of true love dance through the lyrics and sweep you off your feet. In “All that you Love”, they lyrics “I will see you all again, I won't leave you all alone, I'll be watching, I'll be there” gives a promise of peaceful comfort .

My personal favorite on this record is “Ponderosa Pine” which is a touching sentimental song that reminds us how quickly and fleeting time is and again David feeds your soul with his awakening lyrics of “Well, I've missed so much, please forgive me, Father Time won't take such pity”.

David is quoted as saying, ““Everything had to be completely genuine -- the lyrics, the sound, the vibe.” Well, he truly exemplifies this as all the songs bring raw honesty and heartfelt emotions to life. None more so than “Kiss Me”, a tale of love lost in an instant and the yearning to feel their touch and wonder if you can ever go on after the loss. The heartache and pain that one feels is insurmountable after such a loss and his tender vocals embrace your heart.

As David said, “I wrote this record without reservation and in the process a very personal story began to surface.” Listening to this record reminded me of my own personal journey of love and loss and led to quite a discovery of emotions and soul searching which revitalized my faith.

It truly is a work of art that provides a peaceful solace in a time when we are all hoping for brighter days. It will be hard to find another record this year that can match or challenge the passion that David Rosales gives us with “Smile”.

To find out more about David Rosales and his debut record visit:


SMILE by David Rosales.

ALBUM/COVER (Photo) Dori Savino Lawrence

(Art Direction and Design) Chris Nagle.

Produced by Mark Renk


All Songs written by David Rosales.
David Rosales (Vocals + Guitar)
Olivia May (Vocals)
Zac Rae (Organ)
Vern Monnett (Dobro, Pedal Steel)
Mark Renk (Percussion & Piano)
Steve Abel (Bass Guitar)
Phillip Peterson (Cello)
Jeff Kollman (Nylon String Guitar)
Kevin Chown (Upright Bass)


3 comments:

  1. I checked it out on soundcloud. Very cool. reminds me of the singer from crash test dummies. love the vocals

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow he has an incredible voice and so does the woman singer. the songs are very very touching. thanks for the info

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice Johnny Cash style and great writing

    ReplyDelete