Thursday, November 11, 2010



I was recently sent a link to check out a new band from Las Vegas. I am familiar with the drummer Todd Turgeon who I had the pleasure of watching perform. He filled in for the drummer of 333 as they opened up for Corey Taylor's band; the Junk Beer Kidnap Band.

I checked out their two songs that they posted on their Reverbnation page; www.reverbnation.com/13years.

The band starts right off with some great strong vocals of Paul Gayou reminiscent of the Cult and could be the offspring of a menage a trois of Alice in Chains, Soundgarden and Danzig. The heavy bass brought on by James White that doesn't get drowned out like a lot of bands these days. I appreciate the attention to that detail. Todd Turgeon brings in his precision drumming that brings in some grunge influences and keeps you engaged. Of course, we can't forget the guitar of Joe Wiehl which brings in a powerful flawless play with several highlights in Enemy Within.

The vocals could be described as a familiar sound but only as a compliment since it is unique to stand on it's own and bring in a new audience.

The chorus falls into line and the buildup after does not disappoint! I suggest you take a listen and enjoy the sounds of 13 Years. I have not seen 13 YEARS live but when I hear Enemy Within, I have visions of devil horns in the air and head banging. I would love to see them in a lineup with Godsmack and Murderdolls and 13 YEARS.

If you would like more information or to check out 13 Years for yourself, below are their links:

www.myspace.com/13yearsband
www.reverbnation.com/13years
www.facebook.com/13years

Also if you are in the Las Vegas area 13 Years has a couple upcoming shows:

Nov. 23, 2010 Divebar
3035 E. Tropicana, Las Vegas, NV


Jan. 13 Feelgoods
6750 W. Sahara Las Vegas, NV


If you do get to go, let me know how the show went and Keep on Rockin!

~ Marisol

2 comments:

  1. I saw Todd play in Vegas when he opened for Corey Taylor. He was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I will check these guys out the next time I'm Las Vegas. Spot on with the Cult comparison.

    ReplyDelete